Here’s a very specific stock video that you didn’t know you’d need…”Businessman Doesn’t Know How To Plank and Is Embarrassed”.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Check out this writeup from Jeff Zamaria on Interrobang! He briefly discusses the time we laughed so hard at a comedian (Corey Rodrigues) that I had an asthma attack and he had to leave the room to breathe.
Here’s a link to the article: http://theinterrobang.com/clubs-speak-best-stand-comedy-moments-2017-decided-countrys-best-club-owners-bookers-producers/
Ep 74 WE JAM ECONO with comedian Nick Stargu
I had a great time moving my mouth with the @supdocpodcast dudes @pacoromane and @georgethechen about WE JAM ECONO, a doc about one of my favorite bands, The Minutemen. Check it out!
It’s finally here! My new music video, “Longfingers”, makes it’s debut today in all it’s prosthetic glory. The video is directed by Doug Garth Williams with prosthetics by George Schminky. Funding came in part by IndieGogo and my credit card. Share with your friendzzzz!!!!
Super excited to be performing at the upcoming Big Sky Comedy Fest next week!
The Bay Area Clusterfest Showcase Hosted By Billy Wayne Davis – Tickets – Doc’s Lab – San Francisco, CA – May 1st, 2017
Excited to say I’ll be performing at this Comedy Central “Comics to Watch” showcase for the upcoming Clusterfest in SF! Get your tickets now before they sell out!
The 100 Best Things in Comedy We Were Witness to in No Particular Order of 2016
2016 is officially, finally, thankfully over (as long as you don’t think about time largely being a human construct, a new number of year doesn’t make things automatically better, and Trump becoming POTUS).
So, it’s time for our year end list, The 100 Best Things in Comedy We Were Witness to in No Particular Order of 2016.
For reference of how we do our year-end, best of lists, which is a far cry from most other comedy best of lists anywhere else, check out our lists from past years: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015.
Got it? Great.
Here’s 2016′s edition:
1. Jake Weisman’s Send Up of Peter Travers Reviews-Rolling Stone has gone through so much recently, you might have forgot this amazing NSFW parody that Weisman made of Travers movie reviews.
2. Rory Scovel’s set on Conan Where He Went Into the Crowd-Rory Scovel pushes the envelope in stand-up in the best ways imaginable and this latest Conan set is evidence of his juggling of being fearless and silly at the same time.
3. Conan Without Borders-Conan O’Brien’s trips overseas to Berlin and South Korea highlight every single comedy gear that Conan can shift into and proves that he can almost make any situation hilarious.
4. “Killer” by Matt Kazman-Kazman achieves one of the best comedic payoffs on screen in 2016, including film and TV, with this incredibly crafted short film.
5. The Jackie and Laurie Show-Jackie Kashian and Laurie Kilmartin found a way to make a podcast where comedians talk comedy and have it be original, damn funny, and crucial.
6 Hebecky Drysbell-Reigning all time UCB Cagematch champions Heather Anne Campbell and Rebecca Drysdale showcase such virtuosity as an improv duo that is as hilarious as it is, when we think about it, beautiful.
7. Chris Estrada-If you’re looking for diamonds in the rough right now, we’d say catch Estrada’s next set and you’ll see how great his jokes are drawing from his life growing up in LA.
8. Cool Sh*t/Weird Sh*t’s Neighborhood Walking Tour-the LA outfit of the experimental comedy show brilliantly took its audience, one night, around the block and staged such moments as a couple fake fighting in a real Food 4 Less, a woman crying trying to explain the plot of a movie in a Walgreens, and running into an adult orphan waiting to be adopted off the street.
9. Womanhood with Aparna Nancherla and Jo Firestone-Nancherla and Firestone compliment each other so well in being goofy on this show that goes through absurd explanations of “womanhood” that it should be the next web series that gets made into a full fledged TV show.
10. Fleabag-Phoebe Waller Bridge has the UK’s fantastic, epic answer to You’re The Worst.
I’m honored to be included in The Comedy Bureau’s Top 100 Things in Comedy in 2016! Check out the article!
Check out this episode of “The Guest List“ that I hosted for NBC’s Seeso network! It features the Sklar Brothers, Andy Woodhull, Maeve Higgins and more!
Favorite Things of Last Week (9/18/2016)
Right now chillin on a Sunday watching Comedy Day in San Francisco’s soon-to-be Robin Williams Meadow from the comfort of Youtube. It’s what it always is: decent to spectacular comedians, battling the elements and the displacement of sound, for the honor of slightway bombing over a 5 hours. It’s spectacular. The real show is behind the stage, but there’s no livestream of that. Catch up with the festivities here. And now, words.
I met DJ Real at work. Like, work work. It was in my first months at the job and first months moonlighting as a comic. He invited me to a show at Dark Room and I became one of his biggest fan and tireless supporters. One of the perks of working with, doing shows, becoming friends and being a fan of somebody as cool and gracious as DJ Real, who will now be referred to as Nick, his given name (because referring to a friend by a pseudonym over and over is tedious and weird), is previews and demos and sneak peaks will drop in your inbox from time to time. Such as “They’ll All Say ‘Yes’”, Nick’s forthcoming DJ Real (did it again) release. It’s fire. Perfect successor to “Personal Growth”, 8 years and many ideas in the making. I can’t wait for you to hear it. It drops on the 9/21.
DJ Real Has Just Released His 6th Album “They’ll Say Yes”
Check out these kind words about the new album, from Comedy Bureau!